Category: Blog

CrawfordTech’s Weekly Reading List: August 31, 2012

This past week has shown surge in digital post or digital mailbox news from around the globe; since this is a particular focus area for Crawford Technologies and our customers it encompasses most of our ‘must reads’ this week. That said we do have an interesting video blog on HP and their Graphic Arts Experience Center, which is sure to be of interest to anyone in the commercial or production printing business.

On deck for this week includes a the aforementioned video blog by InfoTrends, a look at the switch out of Fujifilm in place of Salmat in the Digital Post Australia venture, what it means to be an Efficiency Ninja and its relationship to digital mail and how digital mail is creating better patient engagement in the healthcare industry. Finally we also have information on the DM Awards and our recent release of a thought provoking white paper around exploring digital mailbox services.

Has digital mail made it to conversations during your business outlook for next year?

CrawfordTech’s Weekly Reading List: August 24, 2012

The announcements for GRAPH EXPO 2012 are starting to rollout via press releases, blogs and social media. Right on the heels of GRAPH EXPO will be IBM Information OnDemand and Document Strategy Forum. As a global solutions provider we are also focused on our presence at Cross Media 2012, across the pond in London during the first part of September, GITEX in Dubai and DMS EXPO in Germany.

 

September and October are shaping up to be full of interesting news including the recent MUST SEE ‘EMS awards announcements (early this year), Xplor returns to GRAPH EXPO, digital mail makes the news with a private launch, an interesting article on Production Workflow tools and their evolution, augmented reality and how it can lift print response and announcement of the DM Awards Finalists.

Has your business evaluated your production workflow tools lately?

CrawfordTech’s Weekly Reading List: August 17, 2012

Switching gear this edition, we are focusing on digital print and the idea of innovation. This week in the news we take a look at the future of digital printing from iPads and diapers to the outlook in Russia. As a part of that, Trade shows come in to play, which is why recent IPEX news of those going (and not) and the traveling road show is top of mind.

 

Finally, we found a thoughtful piece from WhatTheyThink? on innovation. They bring forward the idea that it is easy to talk about, but hard to do. The result? Well, you will have to read on to find out what thought-leadership they provide in this week’s edition.

Is idea execution hard for your company?

CrawfordTech’s Weekly Reading List: August 10, 2012

Here we are with another edition of the Crawford Technologies Weekly Reading list! At the end of last week we saw a sign of the times with a major school changing its name. Also in the news this week is an Australian company that is betting on digital mail and digital mailbox services to be the future revenue stream of their business. Some might think that is gutsy, but will they come out ahead?

 

In other mailing news this week, the USPS is in the headlines again with an unfortunate and significant loss for third quarter. Ironically, on the flip side we are told that print is still alive and has a future—specifically in variable data printing.

Finally, we have an invitation to next week’s Top Considerations For Your ECM Strategy Future webinar that will look at EMC Documentum and what companies should be looking at to make sure they are getting the most out of their archiving system of record. It has been shown that only 20% of business reports and documents are housed in the main archive system of record, this webinar will help you consider what to do with the other 80%!

Is there a future for variable data printing and can digital mail be the future?

CrawfordTech’s Weekly Reading List: August 3, 2012

Welcome to the first week of August; this is a time of year where many of us in the Enterprise Output Management and Enterprise Content Management industries are planning for the coming busy trade show season. It is also a time when many people are on vacation, so while our customers, partners, followers and employees take time with their friends and family we are keeping an eye on what is new, exciting and relevant in the news.

 

This week we look at the different types of inkjet (it might surprise you how many there are), liquid toner and the connection to Australia, Pitney Bowes in the financial news, an interview with a leader in Digital Mail, news from Manilla on their provider base and an innovative use of a QR code.

Which type of inkjet impacts your business the most?

Have other links we should feature? Tell us about them in the comments section below.