Crawford Technologies Introduces a Comprehensive Accessibility Platform for the Creation and Management of Accessible Documents
August 27, 2019, Toronto, ON – Crawford Technologies, provider of innovative document solutions that streamline, improve and manage customer communications, announces the general availability of AccessibilityNow, a comprehensive, flexible platform that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and automation to support the unique processing requirements of high-volume transactional documents, as well as static documents of all types. Implementing the full capabilities of AccessibilityNow, enterprises can more easily comply with evolving document accessibility regulations, mitigating the risks and costs of non-compliance. Additionally, Crawford Technologies offers accessibility consulting, assessments and training services to support companies as they work to enhance the customer experience of this underserved market, comprised of those who are blind, partially sighted or cognitively impaired.
Crawford Technologies AccessibilityNow platform includes the following features:
- Accessibility Transactional – on-premises software for making transactional documents into accessible formats like WCAG-compliant Accessible PDF, PDF/UA and Accessible HTML5
- AccessibilityNow Gateway – document tagging can be run dynamically on a real-time basis in milliseconds while documents are being retrieved for viewing or downloading. Existing archives of documents in any ECM or document archive system can automatically and quickly be made accessible when needed
- AccessibilityNow Publisher – on-premises software that automates the PDF tagging process for static documents that can be run in an automated fashion under a workflow or RPA system or called through an API
- AccessibilityNow SiteScan – a service that scans websites to evaluate the documents on the site, determining how many documents are not compliant. AccessibilityNow SiteScan also assesses the amount of work that will be required to remediate website documents
- AccessibilityNow Validator – a document scanning program that informs companies of the level of accessibility of their documents. This is completed on a document-by-document basis in order to ensure that documents have been remediated correctly and completely
- AccessibilityNow Dashboard – a workflow solution that includes a web-based dashboard which provides tracking of all activities, offering visibility into all jobs in process and providing automated report creation capabilities
- AccessibilityNow Remediate – represents a full range of document remediation services that provide documents in WCAG and PDF/UA compliant formats, as well as alternate formats like braille, large print, e-text and audio with all work guaranteed to be compliant with the industry standards requested
“We are excited to be able to offer an extensive accessibility platform that makes automating accessible static and transactional documents possible,” said Ernie Crawford, president and CEO of Crawford Technologies. “Whether using on-premises or cloud-based software, and for any organization that wants a reliable high-volume remediation partner, assessment services or training, the AccessibilityNow platform will fully support all needs for accessibility compliance and deliver a positive return on investment.”
About Crawford Technologies
Crawford Technologies develops solutions that help enterprises optimize and improve the secure and accessible delivery, storage and presentment of their customer communications. As an award-winning, global provider of products and services with over 1,800 customers on six continents, Crawford Technologies enables some of the world’s largest banks, insurers, healthcare providers, utilities and print services companies to reduce costs, simplify processes and streamline mission-critical communications across all channels and in all formats.
Sterling Kilgore, Inc.