The GUI design tool, AccessibilityNow® Designer, quickly configures the actions and parameters that govern exactly how fully composed files will be processed in order to deliver accessible outputs.
Tagging, Processing Rules, Document and Accessible Formats
- Process fully composed documents such as PDF, AFP, PS, PCL, Metacode, etc.
- Configure proper tagging, for document accessibility, define reading order, add alternate text, identify artifacts and more to create Accessible PDF (WCAG 2.0 and PDF/UA) and/or Accessible HTML5 output
- Create content containers that govern how HTML5 output will respond dynamically for viewing on different viewing devices
- Configure both batch and on demand production workflows
AccessibilityNow Designer’s multiple pane window layout enables you to visualize the results of document accessibility tags.
AccessibilityNow Designer has a Graphical User Interface (GUI) component that increases the value of AccessibilityNow Transactional by enabling a wide range of capabilities, access and efficiencies. End users have powerful easy-to-use tools at their fingertips to create business rules to convert transactional documents into accessible documents without changes to existing applications or the need for extensive programming support and expertise.
AccessibilityNow Designer Advantages
- Graphical user interface to visually configure rules for running AccessibilityNow Transactional to create accessible documents.
- Drop down menus, context sensitive help and documentation.
- Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques, it automatically senses elements in the document saving users a lot of time when setting up rules for a new document type.
- Create test output from up to 100 pages of input, resulting in an Accessible PDF file.
- Automatic conversion of all print resources and rendering commands.
- Configure proper tagging, define reading order, identify artifacts, and more for the creation of compliant Accessible PDF.
- Visualize the results of tags.
- Edit the text-based configuration files with pop-up help and syntax checking— great for power users!
AccessibilityNow Designer delivers a highly flexible and intuitive way to design new application configurations or to update the configuration of existing applications without programming and IT involvement. Output from AccessibilityNow Transactional can be in any of the output formats supported, including PDF/UA, Accessible PDF(WCAG) or Accessible HTML5. The configuration files created can also be used to create alternate formats such as Braille, Large Print, E-Text or Audio.
A state student loan agency creates Accessible PDFs to comply with current regulations
A state student loan agency, responsible for delivering electronic student loan communications, needed to convert thousands of statements into Accessible PDFs on a regular basis. They received print ready files, without access to the source content or composition tool. They needed to meet the Department of Education’s accessibility requirements and it needed to be done in a timely and efficient manner. They acquired CrawfordTech’s solutions to convert PCL files into Accessible PDF for online presentment. They chose AccessibilityNow Designer due to its ability to easily tag documents to define read order and ensure effective navigation.