CTI’s AccessibilityNow® Gateway solution provides organizations with the ability to retrieve, convert and present information from Archive systems and ECM repositories quickly and accurately to support multi-channel delivery requirements. Built with a RESTful web service interface, applications on any platform can allow users to locate statements, bills and regulatory documents in any supported ECM system, regardless of the document or print format (AFP, PDF, Metacode) and view or download the results in Accessible PDF or Accessible HTML5.
AccessibilityNow Gateway integrates with many document storage systems including IBM Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD), IBM FileNet, Documentum, Box, Nuxeo, ASG Mobius, Alfresco and many others.
What it does
AccessibilityNow Gateway lets you access all your content repositories from mobile, web and internal applications through a single API and make them available in whatever accessible document format is needed.
Using AccessibilityNow Gateway, document tagging can be run dynamically on a real-time basis in milliseconds while documents are being retrieved for viewing or downloading. This means that your existing archives of documents can automatically, and quickly, be made accessible when needed. You do not need to make document creation workflow changes and you avoid incurring additional storage overhead which many other approaches incur.
AccessibilityNow Gateway has an added feature that allows version control so that older documents which have different formats can be supported just as well as new ones. This allows organizations to offer all documents in accessible formats, improving customer experiences and increasing compliance with accessibility regulations.
AccessibilityNow Gateway Capabilities
- Easily integrate web and mobile applications with content repositories using the web RESTful API
- Transform archived documents from any format to any Accessible format
- Identify, extract, and repurpose data stored in archived documents
- Optionally remove confidential information completely without altering original documents
- Convert documents into Accessible PDF and Accessible HTML5 for individuals who need them
- Optionally extend documents to include interactive features and live links to enhance CX
- Access content repositories from mobile, web and internal applications through a single API
- Achieve compliance with accessibility regulations such as ADA, Section 508 and AODA on the fly without having to re-process documents already archived
- Reduce migration costs by federating access to multiple repositories
- Robust multi-threaded architecture to ensure optimal performance
- Improve customer satisfaction - deliver documents in the accessible format they prefer
A Health Insurance Company Implements Document Accessibility
A large U.S. health insurance company needed to provide accessible documents to their blind, partially sighted and cognitively disabled customers. They knew they needed to be in compliance with regulations such as the Rehabilitation Act Section 508 ICT Refresh and the ACA. They needed to automate the conversion of AFP format stored in an ECM system to Accessible PDF and Accessible HTML5. The company worked with CrawfordTech to integrate document conversion with their existing environment, taking advantage of CrawfordTech’s AccessibilityNow Gateway to integrate with their ECM system. They were able to support both accessible formats from a single setup.
Built with a RESTful web service interface, AccessibilityNow Gateway receives a request of instructions for retrieval and conversions. The request is processed server side and streams the results back to the requesting application. For example, using a search application, users can locate statements, bills and regulatory documents in any supported Archive or ECM system and view the results in a single Accessible PDF or HTML5 format.