For those who have documents they want to tag themselves and want to reduce the time spent doing the tagging, AccessibilityNow® Publisher software automates the PDF tagging process. It can be run in an automated manner under a workflow or RPA system or called through an API. It can achieve completion rates as high as 90%, significantly reducing the time it takes to make documents accessible.
Reach all your customers - Easily Output Accessible Documents
Accommodating the needs of the blind, partially-sighted, and cognitively disabled individuals is not only a key component of a complete customer experience strategy but also a compliance requirement. AccessibilityNow Publisher provides rapid accommodation of published documents. These documents are typically static as opposed to transactional and are often stored as PDFs on a web page. The low volume of requests for these types of documents as well as costly, lengthy turnaround times to prepare documents for accessibility has constrained organizations from ensuring that all customers have access to documents that meet their needs. With AccessibilityNow Publisher, you can automatically tag and convert documents such as marketing literature, letters, books, manuals and other communications into print-ready Accessible PDF (WCAG and PDF/UA) or Accessible HTML5, ensuring compliance with global regulations.
True Automation for Inclusion by Design
AccessibilityNow Publisher can fully automate the process of tagging documents such as marketing material, letters, books, catalogs and other communications. When combined with AccessibilityNow Validator, you can verify the completeness of the tagging operation. If there are still operations needed, such as adding alternate text to graphics, or changing the reading order, or changing any of the tags, you can add AccessibilityNow Remediate to complete these tasks very efficiently.
Meeting Accessibility Needs for All Types of Communications
AccessibilityNow Publisher extends the range of document types, including marketing collateral, manuals, letters, and books, making it easier than ever to convert unstructured documents to Accessible PDF or HTML in real time, minimizing the time needed for a specialist or designer. The solution was created for enterprise organizations that have large numbers of documents that need quick remediation into Accessible PDFs/HTML5. By reducing or even eliminating the manual remediation step, turnaround times are reduced from days to minutes, significantly reducing costs, making it possible for organizations in all markets to be in compliance and meet their customers’ needs.
By extending our accessibility solutions and services with AccessibilityNow Publisher, organizations can now easily support all customer communications, ensuring compliance and delivering a positive customer experience.
What does AccessibilityNow Publisher do
AccessibilityNow Publisher is ideal for:
- Real-time automated tagging applied during processing, concurrently with transformation for output. Tagging documents such as marketing material, letters, books, catalogs and other communications, and converting them into an Accessible document format.
- Providing support for a wide range of unstructured communications – marketing material, letters, books and more.
- Saving money and becoming, and staying, in compliance.
- Converting documents into virtually any accessible format that can be requested by recipients including Accessible PDF (WCAG compliant), PDF/UA, or HTML5 (Accessible and responsive).
- Converting documents from any print ready format -- PDF, AFP, Xerox Metacode, PCL and PostScript -- so it can handle virtually all of your document remediation needs. It can also ingest image documents using OCR technology, converting these into accessible formats as well.
- After the automated tagging by AccessibilityNow Publisher, adding alternate text for images and tweaking the reading order can be done with a good remediation tool, such as AccessibilityNow Remediate.
No truly automated system is possible without requiring some parameters to ensure success. For AccessibilityNow Publisher, documents that meet these considerations ensure the best output:
- PDFs must be compliant to the ISO 32000 standard and utilize standard true type fonts
- ALT text for graphics and artifacts may need to be tagged separately
- Complex tables may need intervention, which can be easily done in AccessibilityNow Remediate
- Scanned PDFs cannot be made accessible without OCR or ICR conversion to text
A Top 3 Health Insurance Company’s Journey to Accessible Documents
A fast-growing health insurance company, dedicated to modernizing their health care system, who works with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries, were under extreme pressure to make their documents accessible and section 508 compliant. There were many considerations, including time to market, a wide variety of document types, lack of in-house expertise and PHI concerns. CrawfordTech was chosen to assist in making both transactional and static documents accessible and WCAG compliant due to the Section 508 ICT Refresh and ACA nondiscrimination mandates.